Sharing my reflections

When I read my Bible and have conversations with God there are times I just feel like I gotta share it...here is my place to share with you...Recently I heard a quote "“Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.” (Edmund Burke ).I hope to help you "digest" along with me what I am reading and reflecting on.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 When Is my blessing going to arrive?

If God called me aside and promised me a baby and that I would be blessed beyond measure with descendants,more than the sands by the ocean.Or that I was going to own lots of property with a gorgeous house on it and lots of servants to do all my work.That my purse would never be lacking in money ,the bills would never stack up.I would never have to say "no" to my children when they asked for something because the money was there. BUT-- than life went on for what seemed like forever plus I was getting no younger. This promise just seemed like it was not going to be fulfilled. I wonder what my response would be? What would I do to "make this blessing happen"? How far would I go? How many people would I make miserable?Would I use people?
I would hope that I would trust.Simply believe that God is in control.Live my days in complete peace knowing that God would come through.
There are promises in the Bible given to me. No, an angel of God hasn't appeared to me and stated them directly to me in an audible voice but the Holy Spirit has led me to them.Has opened my eyes and heart to them. No, not the promise of monetary riches,big house, lots of land and servants, but He has promised that He will lavish his love on me (I John 1:3).He has promised that He will NEVER leave me (Duet.31:6).He has promised to guide me in a wide place so my foot doesn't slip,and to guide me with his eye (Psalm 18:36 and Psalm 32:8).Most importantly, He has promised me forgiveness of sins (John3:16).
These are immediate promises. They are available right now.Today.So-Trust.Believe.Be at peace.
Of course Abraham was impatient...he was human.And here I am with these truths for me today. I don't have to wait. What do I do way too often? Get flustered.Get stressed.start worrying - all for nothing. I take matters into my own hands.
Before I get down to hard on this man of God- I think I better evaluate myself and learn to trust,learn to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment