Sharing my reflections

When I read my Bible and have conversations with God there are times I just feel like I gotta share it...here is my place to share with you...Recently I heard a quote "“Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.” (Edmund Burke ).I hope to help you "digest" along with me what I am reading and reflecting on.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6 Genesis 12-14

What if after you prayed for guidance and asked God for direction in life he would very clearly give you these words;
"Leave your country, your family, and your father's home for a land that I will show you." That is what God told Abraham!I think I would probably want a second opinion.Maybe get a group of counselors to confirm that I heard wrong! That wasn't the end of what God said.He went on to say-

"I'll make you a great nation
and bless you.
I'll make you famous;
you'll be a blessing.
I'll bless those who bless you;
those who curse you I'll curse.
All the families of the Earth
will be blessed through you."(The Message)

With that kind of a blessing for obedience it was probably a little easier to pack up and leave.But bottom line -it took FAITH.Real faith.Faith that GOd was going to be in the middle of wherever He led Abraham.But than we have to think about the fact that it wasn't just Abraham it was him,his wife and the whole gang."Abram took his wife Sarai and his nephew Lot with him, along with all the possessions and people they had gotten in Haran, and set out for the land of Canaan..."(The Message) Probably a whole franchise of U-hauls needed to be rented!
But what was Abraham's response?-"So Abram left just as God said, and Lot left with him."(The Message)
In the end? If they would have been texting back home they would have text the words; "arrived safe and sound"(The Message)
If God says "go"-Am I willing to listen to the instruction even when it seems like it makes no sense at all.Even though it seems inconvenient?My friends might even give me the crooked eyebrow....but if I get up and go or get up and do as God asks in the end I will "arrive safe and sound".

No comments:

Post a Comment