Sharing my reflections

When I read my Bible and have conversations with God there are times I just feel like I gotta share it...here is my place to share with you...Recently I heard a quote "“Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.” (Edmund Burke ).I hope to help you "digest" along with me what I am reading and reflecting on.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Overview of the first 5 days

Of course there is the creation.The beginning of all things.God the creator.He is the ultimate designer.Does it ever cease to amaze you that he spoke and stuff just came to be? He made all things to have order.From the creepy crawlies to the giant animals.The most amazing thing of all is the fact that the only thing that he breathed life into was man.Picture that moment with me -he formed the being of Adam.Taking the dust of the earth and with his hands he created.He than bent down and with a single breath into the nostrils of Adam he gave that dusty form life.Wow! I need a breath of life like that from my God on a daily basis to bring order to my senses ...do you? Do you ask God for it when you need it? So often I plunder through my day trying to handle things alone...will I ever learn?
He than Created Adam a lady and declared her his help meet.She sure didn't do such a "fine job" in her first experience of handling a situation on her own when asking her husband's advice would have been the thing to do,and hopefully he would have talked her out of listening to the Devil and his lies.She of course did not have all the books we do on marriage...:)Than again they played the whole "blame game" when God approached them.I wonder...again-am I easily swayed by schemes and promises that I am confronted with?
Next,Noah and his Ark.What a man of faith! I really think I would have found all kinds of excuses why the request God was making to build a what? A ship? For animals and it was going to do what? Rain? What is that-exactly?There are so many things in this part of the story of Noah that bring us to see him as almost perfect but there are times after the ark that we see him as less than that .Reminds me of the scripture to be careful when we feel strong because we than are prone to fall.
From the book
-What is God asking you to do to join Noah's faithful ranks?

The tower of Babel...what was that? A not so great idea and as Bruce reminds us in his book that God had said he WANTED the people to "spread out and repopulate" -this tower was not going help make this not happen.There was so much confusion when the language barriers came into play...if only they would have only listened to God.When God says what he wants from me I just need to do it.
From the book
-"I will save myself some grief if I obey God today (how)_______?"

No comments:

Post a Comment