Sharing my reflections

When I read my Bible and have conversations with God there are times I just feel like I gotta share it...here is my place to share with you...Recently I heard a quote "“Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.” (Edmund Burke ).I hope to help you "digest" along with me what I am reading and reflecting on.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 Miracles

What a story...if it wasn't in the Bible I would probably wonder if I should be reading this... really.I think Instead of focusing in on the horrible story of Lot and his daughters and the men trying to get into the house with Abraham's company(I am sure those stories have their place and God has a reason for having them in the Bible)I will focus in on the fact that Sarah had a son at such an old age! Me at 90 years old? I am hoping to be relaxing most of the time and doing pretty much nothing but exactly what I feel like doing...not taking care of a baby-unless it's my grand baby -of course!Sara even called herself "worn-out"(v.11) Sarah and Abraham were exited...so exited they could hardly-well actually...they didn't believe it at first.Sarah eves dropped when the angels told her husband that she was going to have a baby,than she chuckled- she knew this would take a miracle.

From the book:

In Gen.14:18 God asked Abraham, "Is anything too hard for the Lord"?
The fact that Sarah gave birth at her age at the time that she did was a miracle. Ask yourself - "If I could imagine the most difficult miracles God could perform, what would it be?"
Today,I was talking to 2 people about my brother-in-law's death from cancer at the young age of 30.The one replied with "your in-laws will never get over it",the other person asked "Is there really a God"?(she stated it in a very frustrated tone). Later, I was thinking about this whole miracle idea and I realized-it is a miracle in itself that ,with God's help and by his Grace and presence in our lives-can we work through and "get over" tragedies like deaths that seem "too soon".Or simply the days that we wonder why we even got up,everything seems out of order in life,or we feel alone in a situation.
Look for and record the miracles in your life than when you are having a valley sort of day look back and be reminded and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment